Ensign Shipping and Logistics was founded in 1996 by Eddy Neilson. Ensign has grown from humble beginnings nearly 20 years ago to handling contracts of some of South Africa’s largest Blue chip clients.
Being an entrepreneurial business, Ensign has the flexibility and foresight to change and adapt to ever changing market conditions. The responsive and participative management style within the group ensures the customer solutions developed are cost effective, service orientated and safe. Ensign sees sustainable working relationships based on providing an effective logistics solution to its customers as the key to growth. The company has bright growth prospects given the Following:
- Forecasted growth in the logistics industry within SADC region.
- The group specialisation in agricultural products and related value added activities.
- It has integrated the supply chain in that it covers the full spectrum of door to door activities within the group and its associated companies.
“Ensign Shipping & Logistics is first and foremost a service business.”
“In today’s digital professional environment, Ensign still places extreme value on the personal attention…”
- Ensigns brands and people will be synonymous with the type of personal commitment, determination and courage that is evident in all the world’s successful businesses.
- We Believe in accountability, honesty and integrity and commit that these philosophies will shine throughout our business.
- We believe in the empowerment of people, forming lasting relationships and adding real value to our customers, suppliers and stakeholders
- We aim to encourage innovation and entrepreneurial spirit.